Where Global Auto Parts Gets Personal Information
Global Auto Parts may collect information from one or more of the following sources:
- Your electronic devices and technology
- Other third party sources
You may share information with us in a form or online field when you create accounts on our website, when you visit our store, or when you sign up for one of our email lists to receive updates on our products and services. Your browser may also record pieces of information when you visit our website. We may receive information from other sources, as well, to help us personalize your shopping experience and protect you, and our company, from fraudulent activities. We strive to collect only the information necessary to support our business and provide you with unmatched automotive products and services.
Information You Provide
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Payment information from credit, debit, and gift cards, as well as personal and business checks, such as your name, address, and bank account number, for processing payments
- Background information from a commercial account application or resale certificate
- Usernames, passwords, and contact information from Global Auto Parts online accounts
If you are a retail customer, we do not store your credit card number. We use this information only to process individual transactions.
Personal and Business Checks
When you pay with a personal or business check at our retail location, we will check your name, address, and other personally identifiable information, and then confirm that these details match your state-issued ID, such as a driver’s license or permit. Your driver’s license or permit number will be recorded on your personal and business check for verification and security purposes.
Information Received Through Technology
You may also provide information to us through your electronic devices. Global Auto Parts uses technology to provide online customer support and data to improve your shopping experience. These technologies help us track and analyze shopping trends, administer and update our websites, and review user activity to improve our performance. This information helps us understand your needs and suggest products and services relevant to you.
Global Auto Parts gathers certain online and device information automatically and stores it in log files. This information may include your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, and operating system, as well as landing and exit pages, date and time stamps, and clickstream data.
Web beacons let us know if you visited a certain page on a website, opened a marketing email, or clicked on an advertisement. Tracking this information helps us understand which content is personally engaging and most relevant to you.
“Do Not Track” Feature
Some browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) feature that, when turned on, signals to websites and online services that you do not want to be tracked. Because there is not yet an accepted standard for how to respond to a DNT signal, we do not currently respond to DNT signals on this website.
How Global Auto Parts Uses Information
Global Auto Parts uses information in the following ways:
- Fulfilling and communicating with you about your orders or requests
- Processing refunds, returns, and exchanges
- Registering and servicing online accounts
- Administering contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys
- Personalizing our service offerings, websites, and advertisements
- Improving your experience in our store and on our website
How Global Auto Parts Shares Information
Global Auto Parts will never sell, rent, trade, or collect payment for sharing your personal information with third parties. We primarily share your information with third parties to perform the following services on your behalf:
- Fulfilling your orders and mailing packages to your location
- Sending marketing communications and promotions relevant to you
- Conducting research and analysis to improve our services and products
Your California Privacy Rights
Your Privacy Preferences
You may at any time change one or more of the following privacy preferences:
- Update your personal information
- Subscribe or unsubscribe from marketing and promotional emails
- Deactivate your account
To ensure that we have the most recent information available, we recommend that you update your digital profiles with Global Auto Parts whenever your information changes. You can keep your information current by taking the following actions:
- Follow instructions included in emails that you are certain came from Global Auto Parts
- Sign in or register for an online account and make sure we have the most recent contact information on file for you
- Contact us directly by phone or email and provide your most recent mailing address, phone number, or email address
We can help you keep your information safe on Global Auto Parts websites, but we cannot guarantee complete removal of your content and personal information from the Internet.
How Global Auto Parts Keeps Your Personal Information Secure
Whether you are shopping using our website or physical store, our associates utilize security measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. These measures may include security access controls, information security technologies and policies, information disposal procedures, and participation in security training programs.The following are examples of security measures we use to protect your personal information:
- Passwords to control access to your online account and help protect your information (Please keep all of your online passwords confidential)
- The highest possible level of encryption technology to help protect your payment information during transport across the Internet (Look for “https” or the image of a closed lock or solid key in the URL field of your browser window). Our website’s Comodo SSL certificate is signed with NIST recommended 2048 bit signatures and provides up to 256 bit data encryption.
- Monitoring policies and security systems to prevent unauthorized access to locations where confidential information might be stored
Unfortunately, even the best security measures cannot protect information from all unauthorized access. While we take the security of your personal information very seriously and have safeguards in place to protect it, Global Auto Parts cannot be responsible for any damages you incur which are associated with sharing personally identifiable information with Global Auto Parts.
Social Media Links and Widgets
Global Auto Parts website may provide links and widgets to interact with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social media sites. These features may collect your IP address or set cookies in your browser to allow certain features to function properly. They may also be hosted by a third party or directly on our websites. If you choose to post to social media or widgets through our websites, your activities may be under the jurisdiction of the respective social media sites you use and subject to their respective privacy and security policies. Global Auto Parts cannot guarantee the security of information shared through social media links and widgets. Please review the following paragraph for further information about the use of third party links.
Third Party Links
In addition to social media links and widgets, you may also find links to websites of Global Auto Parts partners, vendors, or advertisers. We do not endorse or have control over the security of third party websites. When you follow a link to a third party website and access external content, you agree to the respective privacy and security policies of the websites you visit. Global Auto Parts cannot be responsible for the ways in which other companies handle personal information. We recommend you review the privacy policies of each website you visit and stay informed of how your personal information is treated and used online.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Audio and Video Monitoring
How to Contact Global Auto Parts
Address: Global Auto Parts
7827 Thornton Rd.
Stockton, CA 95207-3064