Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you located?
We are located at 7827 Thornton Road, on the southwest corner of Thornton Road and Hammer Lane, kitty-corner to Orchard Supply Hardware.
What are your store hours?
Our business hours are Monday-Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. We are closed on Sundays.
Do you have any other locations besides the store in Stockton, CA?
No, our single and only store is located at 7827 Thornton Road in Stockton, CA 95207. We are the original Global Auto Parts that was established in 1977. We are not affiliated with any other automotive shops or online vendors that might have “Global” as part of their company name (other than our eBay store, which trades under the user name “globalautodistributors“.)
Do you carry parts for domestic cars?
Yes, we do! Although we’re an import parts specialist, we carry a good selection of parts for American nameplates (Ford, GM, Chevy, Dodge) too, such as tune-up parts, filters, spark plugs, oxygen sensors, brake pads, belts and hoses, thermostats, alternators, starters, and engine gaskets. So whether you drive an import or domestic vehicle (or both), we’ve got you covered.
Do you carry any body parts?
No, we do not carry any major body parts, such as bumpers, grilles, hoods, fenders, hoods, mirrors, taillights, etc. Our focus is on under-the-hood, hard engine parts, and maintenance and repair items.
Do you stock AMSOIL products?
Yes, AMSOIL is one of our specialties. We carry a full line of AMSOIL products, including the Signature Series line of motor oils, European Formula 0w40, 5w30 and 5w40 motor oils, motorcycle oils, automatic and manual transmission fluids, gear/differential lubes, powersports two-cycle oils, diesel & marine oils, and more. We also carry Amsoil EaO oil filters for most cars and motorcycles. We’re always adding new Amsoil products, so be sure to stop in periodically to see what’s new.
Do you carry NGK spark plugs?
Yes, we stock an outstanding inventory of NGK spark plugs for import and domestic cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, jet skis, and small engine applications, such as lawnmowers, generators, and go karts. NGK offers several types of spark plugs, including V-Power, G-Power (platinum), Iridium IX, Laser Platinum, and Laser Iridium. In addition to spark plugs, we also carry NGK oxygen sensors, High Performance Ignition Wire sets, and spark plug coil connectors.
What brands of synthetic oils do you have?
In addition to AMSOIL mentioned above, we also carry Redline, Motul, and Lubro Moly synthetic lubricants.
Do you stock any OEM or specialty fluids? Yes, we do. We carry a variety of genuine fluids, including but not limited to:
- Honda/Acura DW-1 Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Honda/Acura HCF-2 Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Acura ATF Type 2.0 Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Honda/Acura MTF (Manual Transmission Fluid)
- Honda CVT (Continuously Variable) Transmission Fluid
- Honda/Acura Genuine Power Steering Fluid
- Honda Long Life Type 2 Antifreeze/Coolant (blue color)
- Honda/Acura Dual Pump Fluid II
- Honda/Acura VTM4 Differential Fluid
- Kia / Hyundai SP3 & SP4 Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Toyota Type T-IV Automatic Transmission Fluid
- Toyota WS Transmission Fluid
- Toyota Long Life Antifreeze/Coolant (red color)
- Toyota Super Long Life Pre-mixed Antifreeze/Coolant (pink color)
- Mercedes-Benz Hydraulic Fluid (ZH-M)
- Mercedes-Benz Power Steering Fluid
- Mercedes-Benz Antifreeze/Coolant (blue color)
- Mini Antifreeze/Coolant
- Mini 5w30 Synthetic Motor Oil
- Porsche Genuine Antifreeze/Coolant (orange color)
- BMW Antifreeze/Coolant (blue color)
In addition, we stock the following specialty fluids:
- Pentofrost SF G12 Coolant/Antifreeze (pink/purple color) for Audi, VW, Porsche, Saab
- Pentofrost NF G11 Coolant Antifreeze (blue/green color) for Audi, BMW, VW, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Saab, Volvo
- Vaico G13 Coolant Antifreeze (violet color) for late-model Audi, VW
- Pentosin ATF1 Automatic Transmission Fluid for BMW, Porsche, Audi and VW (TL52162)
- Pentosin ATF1 LV Automatic Transmission Fluid for European makes
- Pentosin CHF11S synthetic-based hydraulic fluid for Audi, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Mini, Porsche, Saab, Volvo power steering systems
- Pentosin CHF202 synthetic-based hydraulic fluid for Audi, VW, Porsche, Saab, Volvo
- TRW Hydraulic Mineral Oil for Jaguar, Bentley, and Rolls Royce power steering and hydraulic systems
- BMW Genuine 10w60 Synthetic Motor Oil
- BMW Genuine 5w30 Synthetic Motor Oil
- ATE TYP 200 and SL6 Brake Fluid for performance applications
- Pentosin Dot 4 LV Brake Fluid for certain BMW applications
- Lubro-Moly 0W/40 Synthetic Motor Oil for certain European applications
- Lubro-Moly 10W/60 Synthetic Motor Oil for certain BMW applications
Do you carry parts for classic air-cooled Volkswagens?
Yes, we have a good coverage of parts for the air-cooled Volkswagens. We stock ignition tune-up parts, oil strainers and fuel filters, carburetor kits, ignition switches, starters, belts, pulleys, generators/alternators, engine gaskets & seals, push rod tubes & seals, brake pads & shoes, brake master cylinders, wheel cylinders, brake drums, wheel bearings and seals, motor mounts, and more.
Do you sell and/or rent tools?
We’re pleased to offer a great selection of tools for sale. We have tools such as hex, serrated, and torx bits, axle nut sockets, pullers, torque wrenches and more, all at very competitive prices.
We also have some tools available for rent, such as a strut coil spring compressor, slide hammer pilot bearing puller, crank pulley holding tool for Honda/Acura vehicles, and water pump / fan clutch wrenches for BMW. Rental fees range from $5-15/day, with a deposit required. Rental tools are subject to availability; please call in advance to confirm.
What does your warranty cover?
Our warranty covers the replacement of a defective part within the original warranty period. We warranty all parts for a period of 90 days from the date of purchase, or the manufacturer’s express warranty, whichever is greater. Warranties only apply to parts replacement. Any refunds or exchanges must be accompanied by the original sales invoice. Warranties are limited to the original parts purchaser and are non-transferable.
- A limited 90-day warranty provided by the manufacturer applies to all parts. Certain parts (e.g., remanufactured alternators/starters, CV axles, clutch kits, and radiators) usually have a longer warranty of one year, two years, or lifetime, depending on the manufacturer. The manufacturer warrants all parts to be free from defects in workmanship and material.
- The warranty does not cover failure due to abuse, misuse, improper repairs or maintenance, improper installation, alteration or modification.
- The warranty does not cover any cost of parts removal and installation, normal wear and tear, and incidental or consequential damages.
What is your core return policy?
If you paid a core charge for an item, you are eligible for core credit upon return of the old core unit. A core can be returned at any time provided the original part was purchased from us and that it is returned in the original box. The box is required for part identification and efficiency in handling and transit back to our supplier. Manufacturers have specific core return policies, and in the case of damaged or otherwise unacceptable cores (e.g., missing parts, disassembled units, etc.) there may be a deduction from the core refund according to the manufacturer’s core policy.
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, including VISA, Mastercard, American Express, & Discover; Visa/MasterCard debit cards, and contactless payments including Apple Pay and Android Pay. We also accept company/business checks and personal checks (verified through Clover/Telecheck and processed as an electronic debit).
What is your return policy?
Returns and exchanges must be new, unused, and contain all original packaging and components. Certain items cannot be returned if the original package/seal is opened, such as engine bearings, gasket sets, brake hardware kits, carburetor and throttle body kits, fluids/chemicals, and repair manuals. The following items are NON-RETURNABLE:
- Electrical parts & accessories (e.g. batteries/cables, relays, switches, alternators & starters)
- Ignition parts (e.g. coils, modules, distributors, spark plugs, ignition wires)
- Fuel injection / Emission control parts (e.g. fuel pumps, oxygen sensors)
- Thermostats and Fan Clutches
- Tire/Snow chains/cables
- Tools & Equipment
- Special ordered items
A receipt dated within 30 days is required. Returns may be subject to a restocking fee up to 20%. Other restrictions may apply. If you have any question about the return policy for the parts you are purchasing, please feel free to ask.